I know I already said this on her blog, but thank you very much, lifeinthefarcelane for this spanky, wonderful Liebster award! It’s wonderful to be liked. Now I have to think of what to say, which is a problem because my brain is just sitting there, awed at being given an award. But then, I’ve been posting a lot lately without the benefit of a fully functioning brain, so maybe you all won’t notice too much. 🙂
Now, this thing comes with instructions, I think. *turns it over and looks* Yup, there they are:
In accepting this award, the recipient must agree to:
• Thank the person who gave them the award and link back to their blog – Done!
• Copy and paste the award to their blog – Um, look out bellow!
• Reveal the 5 blogs (with under 200 followers) they have chosen to award and let them know by commenting on their blog – This is going to be hard!
It’s a very nice way to end the year (still NYE here), receiving this from one of my absolute favourite people on the blogosphere! Of course, the list of 5 blogs that I love is going to seem wildly incomplete without putting lifeinthefarcelane on there, but I suspect it’s bad form to pass it back to the person who gave it to you, and maybe I can get sneaky and put her somewhere near the list… Now, these are supposed to be blogs with fewer than 200 followers, but some people don’t have that information up on their blog (at this time) so I’m doing a lot of guesswork in some cases.
So, without making you dwell in darkness further, I give you my list of favourites:
- Crawling King Snake who says some wonderful, honest and very introspective things. I look forward to reading more of them in the new year.
- Limebird Writers who I will admit are a smudge over 200, but I don’t care. They have offered some very insightful, helpful words to all writers out there, myself included, and I’d like to get more writers reading these fine people’s words.
- The Accidental Novelist her writing advice and exercises are always interesting and make me think about my own work, past, present and pending.
- Full-Time Musings of a Part-Time Writer This is another of the writing blogs I follow, and have thoroughly enjoyed, found thought-provoking and generally wish there was more (always a good sign if you ask me)
- Conversing With Novels I love the conversations she has with her novel, which remind me forcefully of when my characters argue with me about what happens in the story. Any writer out there will understand what I’m talking about, though I admit it makes us look a little crazy to the non-writers out there…
There are other wonderful blogs I’ve been following, more as I find them, but it’s a good list. If you aren’t on the list, it isn’t that I don’t love you, honest. I may have thought you wildly over the 200 follower cutoff. It’s been a wild year and I’ve enjoyed the community more than I could possibly say. The people I’ve met, am still meeting, around here are great. You all bring laughter and thought to my day, and I want to thank you all for that. I hope I can do the same for you as we go down the path of 2012 together. Merry New Years!