Rebel Without Applause at the VBAs
The Beach Writer was so very sweet to nominate me for the Versatile Blogger Award, which she recently received herself (well deserved, I might add). I would definitely like to thank her for the recognition. It’s always nice to know that others like the things you have to say, rather than just smiling and nodding at the screen when they see your post.
Now, I think I still have the instructions around here for this one. Right, here it is, I took a charcoal rubbing of the engraving last time, just in case this came up again (reading engraving is hard in the darkness of my blog theme, you know).
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post. (Done)
- Share 7 things about yourself. (Thankfully, I’m not one of those shy writers)
- Pass this award along to 15 others. (I’m going to cheat a little here, as I’ve done this once before, so I may not get 15)
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award (I really should remember to do that more often)
So, now, talking about me… What don’t you already know?
- I’ve recently discovered Gotye, fabulous musician. His song “Somebody That I Used to Know” has been spinning since I bought it last night. Non-stop. This may go on for a few days. Sometimes that happens to me.
- When I’m not writing or gaming, I have a tendency to crochet, which a friend of mine and I call “Playing with Yarn.” This term also applies to knitting.
- On the subject of knitting, I’ve been informed (repeatedly) by said friend that I knit “wrong.” This is probably a result of teaching myself. According to her, I knit a beautiful, single-sided pearl stitch (I think that’s what she said), but that I do it totally wrong. It drives her into fits every time she sees my knitting, which I almost never do anyway.
- I’m rarely impressed by the things I do, but I still think the title of this blog kicks ass. It’s also highly appropriate for the current state of my writing life, which is funny, since it was thought of while I was working on a now dead novel-attempt (55k, on a vast plain with no idea where I was going with it)
- I have a writing charm, a wonderful chain maille key chain with a dragon charm on it. It was a Christmas gift this past year from my friend SJ and now it’s always at my side when I write/outline/make notes/do anything writing related. I think I’m becoming almost as superstitious as baseball players (I promise, I change my socks regularly)
- A song I write to a lot, which I have spun for as much as two or three days straight (I lost count) is “Mmm, Skyscraper I love you” by Underworld. And before you start doing the math on just how many times in a row that means I listened to it, keep in mind that the song is 13 minutes long.
- I am unbelievably glad to be back to rain here in Vancouver, even though I forgot my umbrella at home yesterday, the day of the worst rain we’ve had in my area all fall and winter. Figures. :p
And on to my own Noms, keeping in mind that 15 is entirely unlikely. I do, however, have some new blogs I’ve discovered that I haven’t had a chance to share, so it works out in my books.
- Kayjai’s Blog
- On Diversion
- p u t n i k
- The Digital Bookshelf
- Simon Read
- Ben Shotter’s Blog
- Gayle Francis Moffet
Well, I made it a little over halfway, which isn’t bad since I did the full 15 last time, so I’m up to 23 people I’ve nominated for this award. Thank you, again, Beach Writer, for the award. Now, back to the grind. Silly stories not writing themselves as I think of them…