Must Not Eat My Award!
One of my best friends in the world (and a fantastic fellow writer) was ever so thoughtful as to give me this Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. I think it’s because she knows I’m hopelessly addicted to sugar. Though tempting, I will not eat my award.
Though it makes my mouth positively salivate, it’s not for eating… Mmmm, tasty noms! No, wait, not eating my award. I am in full, firm control of myself… Oh, who am I kidding? *takes a bite of yummy award, then picks something out of her teeth*
Man, they hide the instructions on these things in some of the strangest places. It’s like they expected me to do that or something.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Pass the Award on to 10 deserving blog buddies
Hmm, I think I can do that. Things you don’t all know about me already, hmm.
- I’m an only child (probably for the best) and I often think it was because my mother was afraid if she tried again, she’d get another one just like me, or worse, twins (runs in the family).
- I read my first non-children’s-section book at the tender age of 11. Nancy Drew and such had gotten boring, plus I could easily read two a day, so I needed a bigger challenge. I never looked back.
- I have the most fabulous, hand-knitted scarf ever made. My friend SJ made it from black wool and cream and green hairy yarn (my technical term for the stuff) knitted together. When she gave it to me, I said it looked like she had skinned a Fraggle. It has been known ever since as my Fraggle Pelt. Getting to wear it regularly is just about the only good thing to winter.
- One of the VERY few TV shows that has ever held my attention for more than a few episodes is Fringe, because I like a TV show that makes me think, lets me think I know what’s going on, then throws a total mind-fuck at me 3 seasons later. Seriously, keeps my creative juices flowing for some reason.
- I don’t feel even slightly daunted by my next writing project. I only feel torn in a million directions as to which one to work on next instead. Life could be infinitely worse. If they’d only stop all yelling at me at once…
- In addition to the fabulous hot chocolate I’ve now shared the recipe for, I like to make Chocolate Wafer Cakes. Imagine chocolate Oreo wafers, stuck together with real whipped cream in a log, then the whole log coated with more whipped cream. Sometimes I like to shave chocolate onto it, but that seems a bit overboard to do it all the time. *giggles*
- My winter coat is my favourite that I’ve ever owned. When I saw it in the store at the end of last winter, very much on sale, it actually stopped me in my tracks. It has white accents, but what stopped me is that it’s the most fabulous shade of fake-grape-purple. It’s totally awesome.
That was actually rather fun, probably because I wrote most of it while still a little high from finishing the edit. It explains a lot about that list, actually, now that I reread it. Hmm. Oh well. Now, on to 10 bloggers I think are sweet enough to deserve cake… I mean an award.
- LifeInTheFarceLane – So many wonderful things to say about my favourite Kiwi. I know of no one else who can nearly make me snort my coffee in the morning. It’s only through sheer will that it doesn’t happen every time, and that’s mostly because the coffee I get is far too good to waste on my computer screen’s unrefined palate.
- Limebird Writers – Such nice, encouraging people full of great information on writing and blogging, among other things. They also have a nice forum for asking questions about writing and otherwise interacting with other writers. Yes, I’m still lurking, when I’m not running through edits or otherwise working on writing.
- Of A Writerly Sort – Definitely a very sweet fellow writer, who has infinitely more patience with others than I shall ever possess.
- On Diversion – Does some incredible craft work, as well as jewelry and writing. I’ve been more than a little envious of some of the things she’s created.
- Conversing With Novels – Amber always makes me laugh. She also very sweetly makes me feel better about talking to my characters… mostly where other people can’t see, but sometimes I slip.
- Peggy Isaacs – Peggy is a recent discovery for me, but I’m very glad I did. The things she writes about, the thoughts and experiences she shares resonate for me quite a lot, both as a writer and as a person.
- The Accidental Novelist – I love her observations and thoughts, as well as the writing exercises. She’s always encouraging and thoughtful with her words, including instructions for loving your novel, like printing it out and giving it a real hug.
- The Joys of Writing – As she’s a recovering social media addict, by her own admission, I sincerely hope that this award does not cause a relapse, but I couldn’t resist giving it to her, really.
- The Beach Writer - I love the way this blogger writes, the use of language and the honesty of their thoughts. That and I love beaches (true story).
- Diatribes And Ovations – Another one that makes me laugh, partly because I’m apparently the same kind of curmudgeon, according to a recent post, because I think the same things about some of these so-called fashion trends. Oh wait, I knew I was one of those already.
Wow. Those lists get harder every time. Thank you again, Em. Now to find some cake I’m allowed to eat.